Users’ privacy is very important to LavaDent Limited.
Lavadent Limited is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring that any information that we collect about you is never misused.
This policy explains what information we collect, how and why we use it, how we keep it safe, and what your rights are.
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to email@example.com or by writing to Lavadent Ltd, Unit 1, Oak Tree House, 2 School Way, London N12 0RY. Alternatively, you can telephone 020 8347 0077.
The rules on processing of personal data are set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
Lavadent Ltd is a Dental Supplier company for dental healthcare professionals, dental practitioners, laboratory technicians, online customers, etc. and we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and complying with the principles of applicable data protection laws and GDPR.
Lavadent Ltd welcomes the EU general Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as a set of regulations to reaffirm our commitment to data protection. We are committed to ensuring:
- We only collect and use relevant personal data we need to provide or improve our products and services for our patients and healthcare professionals.
- You can request a copy of whatever information we hold about you
- We will keep your personal information safe and secure
- Personal data is processed fairly, lawfully, and in a transparent clear manner.
- We will never sell your details or share it except in the ways mentioned in this policy or unless you instruct us to.
- We will let you know if there are important changes that affect your information or how we use it
- We take responsibility for the information we hold about you
- We only keep your information for as long as necessary.
What personal information we collect?
We collect the following categories of personal information
- As a healthcare professional, customer, prospective customer, online website user, we may collect information about you when you submit prescriptions or complete forms:
- your full name
- date of birth
- contact telephone number(s)
- email address(s)
- full postal address(s)
- website address (professional/business/personal)
- Financial details (credit/payment card details.
We only ever collect information that is relevant to Lavadent Ltd in providing you with appropriate products and services.
How we collect and process personal information?
You provide us with personal information when you engage in any of the following activities:
- Directly from: When you correspond with us by phone, email, website contact form, social media, or otherwise
- When you submit your orders for dispensing purposes
- When you register with Lavadent online, post, or email
- When you complete a Lavadent registration form
- Subscribe to our newsletter, mailing list, or any other Lavadent marketing group.
- When you make a purchase/order with Lavadent online, or by phone, email.
- Participate in our discussion boards, chat or social media
- Information you provide when you completer a survey or questionnaire
- Information about emails and other communications we have sent to you and your interaction with them.
- Information from third parties where you consent to those other organisations sharing information they hold on you with us, and where those other organisations lawfully share your information with us.
What Other Information Do We Collect?
LavaDent may collect personally identifiable information from you in a variety of ways, including through online forms for ordering products and services, and other instances where Users are invited to volunteer such information. LavaDent may also collect information about how you use our website (www.lavadent.com), for example, by tracking the number of unique views received by the pages of the Web site or the domains from which Users originate.
We may use ‘cookies’ to track how Users use our Web site. A cookie is a piece of software that a Web server can store on the Users’ PC and use to identify the User should they visit the Website again. While not all of the information that we collect from Users is personally identifiable, it may be associated with personally identifiable information that Users provide us through our Website.
How We Use Information
LavaDent may use personally identifiable information collected through our web site to contact you regarding products and services offered by LavaDent and otherwise to enhance your experience with us. We may also use information collected through our Web site for research regarding the effectiveness of the Web site and the marketing, advertising and sales efforts of LavaDent. The information collected may also be used for the following purposes;
- To verify your identity as a registered healthcare professional, register and setup an account in your name/business name with Lavadent Limited
- To provide access to our products and services, or to provide quotes, offers, promotions, and updated about our products and services.
- To administer and manage customer accounts, including online account access, your orders, responding to questions and enquiries raised by you
- To accept, receive, review, and provide feedback to you regarding any information, documentation, or enquiries you provide us.
- For administrative, planning, product or service development, quality control, and research relating to our products and services.
- For marketing purposes, but only if where we have your expressed or implied content to contact someone or we are otherwise permitted by law to do so.
- To confirm customer identities as part of our customer security checks
- To see your views and comments on the services we provide
Disclosure of Information
LavaDent will not disclose information collected from you to third parties without your consent or it is necessary to do so if the law requires us to. However, we may disclose aggregate, anonymous data based on information collected from you and other Users of our website to investors and potential partners. Finally, we may transfer information collected from you and other Users in connection with any sale carried out by LavaDent.
We use your payment details to process orders payments only. We do not use your information for any purpose you have not authorised and we always seek your consent in order to process any payment transaction. We process credit and debit card transactions following the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
Only authorised Lavadent personal have access to your payment details. We will only ever keep your details, safely, and secured when we receive your expressed consent and we only ever keep the card details for as long as you permit.
We will ask for the following card details to process payments, and store the below details in an encrypted and safeguarded CRM system:
- Cardholder name
- Card number
- Card security code (CSC)
- Expiry dates
Our websites, services and products are not aimed at children and we do not knowingly collect any information from them.
We ask children not to register with us or give us any of their information.
Where we have inadvertently collected information from a child, we will delete it as soon as possible.
If you know that a child has given their information to us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Data protection laws grant you, as a Data Subject, certain ‘information rights’, which are summarised below:
- Right to be informed – You have the right to be informed about the collection and use of their personal data. This is a key transparency requirement under the GDPR.
- Right of access– have the right to access their personal data and supplementary information.
- Right of Rectification/Erasure– you have the right to request inaccurate personal data be rectified, or completed if it is incomplete. You also have a right to be forgotten and ask us to erase information about you where you can demonstrate that the data we hold is no longer required by us, when you withdraw consent to use your information for whatever reason. Please note that we may be entitled to retain your personal data in order to comply with legal obligations.
- Right to restriction of processing– You have a right to request that we refrain from processing your data where you contest its accuracy, or the processing is unlawful and you have opposed its erasure, or where we do not need to hold your data any longer but you need us to in order to establish, exercise or defend any legal claims, and or disputes.
- Right to Portability– You have a right to request any personal information that you have provided to us and provide your data to another data controller where the processing is based on consent and is carried out by automated means. This is called a data portability request.
- Right to Object– You have a right to object to how your personal information is processed for direct marketing or some other form of processing.
- Right to Withdraw Consent– You have the right to withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal information where the processing is based on consent including the right to opt out of any direct marketing communications, you can do this by unsubscribing from a mailer we may send you or by contacting us directly and we will update your contact preferences at your request.
- Right of Complaint– You also have the right to lodge a complaint about any aspect of how we are handling your data with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office, which can be contacted at ico.org.uk.
Maintenance of Information
Information about you and other Users that is maintained on our systems is protected using industry standard security measures.
Comments, suggestions and complaints
If you have any comments, suggestions or complaints about tour data processing contact us via;
- Phone: 020 8347 0077
- Email: email@example.com
- Postal Address: Unit 1, Oak Tree House, 2 School Way, London N12 0RY.
If you are unhappy with our response or if you need any advice you should contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Their telephone number is 0303 123 1113, you can also chat online with an adviser. The ICO can investigate your claim and take action against anyone who’s misused personal data. You can also visit their website for information on how to make a data protection complaint.